Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had participated virtually in the G20 Extraordinary Summit on Afghanistan on 12th October 2021.
The Prime Minister of India welcomed the initiative of the Italian G20 Presidency in convening the meeting of the current situation in Afghanistan.
The G20 Extraordinary Summit on Afghanistan was convened by which country?
Which country currently holds the G20 Presidency?
Who chaired the G20 Presidency meeting?
Italian Prime Minister Mr. Mario Draghi
What were the issues that were discussed at the meeting?
- Issues related to the humanitarian situation;
- Concerns relating to terrorism; and
- Human rights in Afghanistan.
There are century’s old people-to-people ties between India and Afghanistan. The Prime Minister of India noted that the Afghan people have a good feeling of friendship with India.
Developmental activities of India in Afghanistan
- The Prime Minister of India had mentioned that for over the past two decades, India has been contributing to the socio-economic development and capacity-building of women and youth of Afghanistan.
- Around 500 development projects had been implemented by the government of India in Afghanistan.
Prime Minister of India appeals for the International community
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi said that: every Indian feels the pain of the Afghan people and their hunger and malnutrition situation. He emphasized the need of the international community to provide Afghanistan with immediate and unhindered access to humanitarian assistance.
PM also supported the important role of the United Nations in Afghanistan. He called for the renewed support of the G20 for the message contained in UN Security Council Resolution 2593 on Afghanistan.
India on terrorism in Afghanistan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had emphasized the need to ensure that the Afghan territory does not become a breeding ground for radicalization and terrorism, either regionally or globally.
- He called for an inclusive administration in Afghanistan, which includes minorities and women, to preserve the socio-economic gains of the last 20 years and to restrict the spread of radical ideology.
- He urged the international community to forge a unified international response concerning Afghanistan. He believed that with a united effort, we would be able to bring about the much-desired changes in the political and socio-economic situations in Afghanistan.
- He also emphasized the need to enhance our joint fight against the nexus of terrorism, radicalization, and the smuggling of arms and drugs in the region.
- Anti-Terrorism Day is observed on May 21 in India every year.
- The Arms Act, 1959 is an act of the Parliament of India to amend the law relating to arms and ammunition to curb illegal weapons and violence stemming from them.
This internet site is my breathing in, rattling good layout and perfect subject matter.
Precisely what I was looking for, appreciate it for posting.
Definitely, what a splendid site and educative posts, I surely will bookmark your blog.Have an awsome day!
Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My site addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!
Sure. Thank you so much for the offer.
It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this outstanding blog!
I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook
group. Chat soon!
Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good web site with exciting content, that’s what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
Hi! I’ve been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!
Thank you so much
Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task.
Thank you so much
I got what you intend, appreciate it for posting.Woh I am glad to find this website through google.