E-Shram portal will be a game-changer for the social security of Millions of Unorganized Workers in India.
E-Shram portal will help towards the much-needed targeted identification of the unorganized workers, our nation builders, the ‘Shram Yogis’: Shri Bhupender Yadav.
Focus: Targeted delivery and last-mile delivery, is the major focus of the schemes of the government of India under the auspicious leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Aim: To ensure that welfare schemes reach the right beneficiary at the right time across the length and breadth of the country.
“छूटेगा नहीं कोई कामगार, योजनाएं पहुचेंगी सबके द्वार.”
The launch of the portal will be a major milestone for the unorganized workers, the street vendors, milkmen, the construction workers, the fishermen, the domestic workers, the truck drivers, the migrant workers, the agriculture workers, Gig & Platform workers, and similar other workers to be covered.
Objectives of e-SHRAM:
· Integration of social security schemes like PMJAY, PM-SBY, PM-SYM, and PMJJBY.
· Ascertaining status and address or current location of migrant workers
· Providing a comprehensive database to central and state governments for tackling any national crises like COVID-19 in future
· Ascertaining their movement from formal to the informal sector and vice versa
· Portability of welfare benefits to construction and migrant workers
· Sharing of information with other ministries or state governments for delivery of social security schemes
Benefits of e-SHRAM:
· Eshram card to be acceptable across the nation
· Social security benefits will be delivered through this portal
· The Prime Minister sanctioned Rs 2.0 Lakh Accidental Insurance cover to every registered unorganized worker on eSHRAM Portal.
· If a worker is registered on the eSHRAM portal and if he/she meets with an accident, he/she will be eligible for Rs 2.0 Lakh on death or permanent disability and Rs 1.0 lakh on partial disability.
· Accidental insurance coverage through PMSBY for a year
· Useful for central and state governments while providing assistance during pandemics or calamities
· The portal will help build a comprehensive National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW) in the country.
· Database authenticated with aadhaar-97% coverage
· The e-Shram portal will cover all the unorganized workers of the country and help link them to social security schemes of the Government of India.
· The portal will help take welfare schemes to their doorstep.
· The portal will be a huge boost towards the last-mile delivery of services for the welfare schemes for crores of unorganized workers in the country.
· E-Shram will be a game-changer in the history of the nation, where more than 38 Crore workers would register themselves under one portal.
· Registrations are totally free and workers do not have to pay anything for his or her registration at Common Service Centers (CSCs) or anywhere.
· All the Central Trade Unions leaders extended their full support for the successful launch and implementation of the e-shram portal.
· After registering on the e-SHRAM portal, the unorganized workers will need not register separately for the Governments Social Security Schemes.
· e-SHRAM card containing a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) will be valid throughout the country and the worker will be able to access the benefits of the various social security schemes through this card anytime anywhere.
· The Union Labour Minister interacted with all major Central Trade Unions of the country viz. Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (MS), Hindu Mahasabha (HMS), All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), Centre for Indian Trade Union (CITU), All India United Trade Union Centre (AIUTUC), Self-employed Women’s Association (SEWA), Trade Union Coordination Centre (TUCC), United Trade Union Centre (UTUC), National Front of Indian Trade Unions (DHN).
· The Union Minister urged the union leaders to play a key role towards speedier registration, implementation at field level, and taking the portal to the unorganized workers.