A three-day International conference named ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) began on 9th September 2019 in Delhi. The focus of the conference is on Energy Efficiency in the Building Sector. This three-day International Conference gave an excellent platform to deliberate on the interdependence between the organizations, feedback loops, and systemic sustainability for greater resource efficiency.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency(BEE), Ministry of Power, Government of India, and Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) under the Indo German Technical Cooperation, have jointly agreed to promote this Indo-German Energy Programme.
Aim: To promote Buildings Energy Efficiency
- policymakers across 16 countries have participated in this three-day event.
- different alternative options & technologies in the field of design & construction of energy-efficient Commercial as well as Residential Buildings and also suggest the effective ways in implementing the same through policies and programs have been discussed.
- it is estimated that with an investment of about Rs. 2000 billion in the Building energy efficiency activities would lead to a cumulative savings of 388 Billion units of electricity for the next ten years with a payback of about 2 years.
- the event aims to address challenges faced by the stakeholders and improve the efficiency in high energy consumption sectors like buildings have become an important component of our integrated energy policy
- to create awareness and knowledge about the latest technologies, financial assistance, suppliers and purchase of energy-efficient equipment, etc
- The BEE is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- BEE assists in developing policies & strategies with the main objective of reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency coordinates with the designated agencies & consumers, and other entities to identify and utilize the existing infrastructure & resources, in performing the tasks assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.